WARNING: This blog contains conversations about my life. It can be cruel but it's the truth from the way I percive it. I don't always use nice words and sometimes I share a little bit too much. I don't put on a happy face in the midst of hard times because that's what inspires others. If you have an issue please navigate away from this page now.

baby growth

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Military Spouses in the Workplace

The more I talk about this subject the more I hear horror stories about women who have degrees and can't find a job solely because they are married to the military. This is concerning me since I just started to go back to school so that I could get a job once stationed. My school cost us out of pocket $1600 plus books and supplies. I'm very confident that I will pass and get my certification, but I'm scared that I'm not going to find a job because my husband is part of the United States Navy.

This is one thing I believe shouldnt even be an issue. Our men and women leave to fight for the country that all these businesses are grounded on and yet they deny jobs to the ones left behind. Makes me go HMM! I'm not complaining about being left behind because, yes, I knew what the job intailed when I agreed to this, but I dont believe that I should have to worry about going stir crazy while he is gone because I can't get a job. I know I could find things to do with my time but why not put my knowledge and the moneywe spent for school to good use and actually make a buck because we all know that the service barely pays enough to cover cost of living.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog, I couldn't help but notice how much we have in common! ;) We've been trying for a baby and I just started going back to school as well! It's a hard life being a military wife and always having to find jobs, but I believe if you try hard enough and you put forth a lot of effort, you CAN find a job.. It may just take awhile to find! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete