WARNING: This blog contains conversations about my life. It can be cruel but it's the truth from the way I percive it. I don't always use nice words and sometimes I share a little bit too much. I don't put on a happy face in the midst of hard times because that's what inspires others. If you have an issue please navigate away from this page now.

baby growth

Monday, November 22, 2010

Musical Mondays

I'm finding that in mid-week I want to post for Musical Mondays. I will hear a song and be SO ready to share it but it will only be Tuesday so I write the song down on a piece of paper and wait. This week's song I found on Tuesday and LOVED it. It says everything I would want to say about missing my husband. You will see what I mean once you read the lyrics and listen to the song.


OneRepublic - Come Home
 
Hello world
Hope you're listenin'
Forgive me if I'm young
For speaking out of turn
There's someone I've been missing
And I think that they could be
The better half of me
They're in their wrong place trying to make it right
But I'm tired of justifying
So I say to you

[Chorus]
Come home
Come home
Cause I've been waiting for you
For so long
For so long
And right now there's a war between the vanities
But all I see is you and me
The fight for you is all I've ever known
So come home

We've been separated now for about nine months. Five of those months we've been married, so almost half of our first year of marriage we've spent apart. Thankfully not nine whole months without any time together. I've seen him in person four times. Three times was for about 4 days and the last time was a week. I miss him so much and haven't been able to put it into words until I found this song. I'm welcoming this Christmas vaction with open arms since he will be coming here. I'm deciding to share the link to the song because the lyrics just don't do it enough justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment