WARNING: This blog contains conversations about my life. It can be cruel but it's the truth from the way I percive it. I don't always use nice words and sometimes I share a little bit too much. I don't put on a happy face in the midst of hard times because that's what inspires others. If you have an issue please navigate away from this page now.

baby growth

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Musical Monday

For as long as I can remember I have loved music. I enjoy listening to a song and following along with the lyrics. I love that each song can mean something totally different to each and every person who listens to it. I've decided that I'm going to start sharing an excerpt of lyrics from one song every Monday. Hopefully this will set smiles on the faces of those who read the blogs and listen to the songs.

This weeks song:

Play Crack the Sky - Brand New

"Your tongue is a rudder.
It steers the whole ship.
Sends your words past your lips
Or keeps them safe behind your teeth.
But the wrong words will strand you.
Come off course while you sleep.
Sweep your boat out to sea
Or dashed to bits on the reef."

Beginning to end the lyrics remind me of the sinking of the Titanic. It also makes me think of my sailor and how he has to rely on his shipmates in case of emergency. That worries me a bit because of the way he talks about some of them being very immature. I know that if shit hits the fan those men and women will stick together. Even though the lyrics I chose to share don't remind me of either, I wanted to share my thoughts on them.

The holidays are getting closer and this verse is a reminder that even though there is freedom of speech in this country, we still need to be mindful of what comes out of our mouths. I am Christian and I believe Jesus was born and died for our sins. I celebrate Christmas and am proud of it. You won't catch me saying Happy Holidays. If there are consequences to saying Merry Christmas or not being "Politically Correct" then that's fine by me. They are a reminder that freedom of speech comes with consequences good and bad. All I'm saying is if you can't keep your words behind your tongue be willing to accept the bits of your boat that get washed up on the reef.

No comments:

Post a Comment