WARNING: This blog contains conversations about my life. It can be cruel but it's the truth from the way I percive it. I don't always use nice words and sometimes I share a little bit too much. I don't put on a happy face in the midst of hard times because that's what inspires others. If you have an issue please navigate away from this page now.

baby growth

Thursday, November 10, 2011

IUI

I finally had my follow up appointment for my test results on Tuesday. I was not surprised at all with what they revealed. I have high levels of testosterone, my tubes are clear and my uterus is the ideal shape. My ovaries showed many follicles and bam there we have it a definite diagnosis of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. YAY...NOT! Even as bad as that sounds for fertility, I am happy. I finally have a diagnosis after 4 years of trying to prove to the doctors that something wasn't right.

I will be able to be treated and the possibilities of me never carry a child are low as long as my partner is healthy. Involving my partner is where I run into problems. My DH has what is described as a bag of worms and I went over that in an earlier post. He has had to reschedule his SA for a couple different reasons so we still don't know if DH's condition effects his count.

My infertility doctor believes that his count will be low and if indeed it is we have option A. IUI or option B. IVF. As we all know most insurance companies don't cover IVF and most only cover partial IUI. Let me first say that if given these 2 options, we are planning on trying IUI for 1 year before going to IVF. But, before we made that decision, I did research and found prices for IUI that were around $2000 per attempt and that was way out of our budget and we were looking at a few years to get started trying again. However, at my appointment the doctor informed me that with her and the insurance we have, it would cost around $120 per attempt. I was so excited and happy that I cried right there in the office. I felt like a moron but I couldn't help it.

I had to get the MMR vaccine so that once I am pregnant I am protected and the chances of my baby having defects if I were to get Rubella while pregnant are gone. I am not allowed to start treatments or get pregnant for 4 weeks after getting this vaccine. In the mean time my DH has to go buy condoms for the first time in a 2 years...LOL So, in December I will be put on Metformin and Clomid to get me to ovulate. If IUI is needed, my DH will make his contribution and hopefully we will be blessed with an extra awesome Christmas present. I simply cannot wait for that damn stick to have two pink little lines. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment