WARNING: This blog contains conversations about my life. It can be cruel but it's the truth from the way I percive it. I don't always use nice words and sometimes I share a little bit too much. I don't put on a happy face in the midst of hard times because that's what inspires others. If you have an issue please navigate away from this page now.

baby growth

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Deployment

I'm not even sure I get to call it Deployment. My hubby is currently stationed at a sea-duty command and goes for a weekend or a couple weeks at a time to a number of different places. Every few months he'll go on a 4 month long trip and then go right back to the weekend trips and 2 week long trips for the next 3 years.

Last week my husband came home and told me the dates he is supposed to go on his first "weekender" and "2 weeker." Sometime in August he goes for a weekend and then he goes again for 2 weeks in October. I was also told about his long stint, due in May. I am very nervous about the weekend in August because I HATE the place we live in. Yes, it is military housing but I HATE everything about it. The whole place seems to be falling apart. We've had maintenance in around 50 times in the 2 months we've been here. We've found mold in a couple places which I'm highly allergic to and sends me to the ER at times. I can't utilize my bathroom closet because of it. They have came and "cleaned" it up, but my throat starts to close whenever I move anything around. We are trying to get out of here as soon as possible but that seems easier said than done and probably won't happen before her leaves.

Second reason I HATE this place is because of it's location. We live in a run down area where I don't feel comfortable going to the grocery store alone in pure day light. I want to feel comfortable taking my dogs for a walk and I can't. We are about 20 minutes on a good day away from the base and it's not convenient to drive to the commissary or NEX to save money. The beach and friends are at least 40 minutes away. I need to figure out a plan for that weekender in August.

I have it all worked out for October though. My mom and dad are moving from Wyoming to Alabama to be closer to my brother and my Dad's work. Since my mom won't have a job right away, she's going to come visit me for the time that B is away. And hopefully by the time the 4 month trip comes, we will be out of this house and this area, into a place I can feel at home in.

No comments:

Post a Comment